Back to top
Skip to content
General Veteran Resources
Homes for Veterans
- Homes for Our Troops – Building mortgage-free, specially adapted homes nationwide for severely injured Veterans, Post-9/11 victims, which enables them to rebuild their lives.
- Helping a Hero: Home Program – HelpingaHero.org is the 2nd largest national organization building homes for our severely wounded heroes injured in theater during the War on Terror. They have awarded 100 homes in 22 states and are committed to helping our brave and courageous wounded warriors on their road to recovery.
- Building Homes for Heroes – Building Homes for Heroes is strongly committed to rebuilding lives and supporting the brave men and women who were injured while serving our country. The organization builds or modifies homes, and gifts them, mortgage-free, to veterans and their families.
- Wounded Warrior Homes – Is a grassroots charitable non-profit chartered to provide transitional housing to single post-9/11 combat veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS). They deeply care about our nation and appreciate the sacrifices of those who have served in armed conflict to protect our country, our nation’s interests, our people and those in other nations.
- Home Resources for Veterans. Help available to veterans purchasing a home
Jobs for Veterans
- USA Jobs for Veterans – The Federal Government has a long and outstanding record of employing veterans. Veterans have technical skills in areas of critical importance, and many also already have security clearances required for some Federal positions. Federal service provides a means for veterans to continue their noble service to this country.
- Vet Jobs – VetJobs services makes it easy to reach transitioning military, National Guard, Reserve Component Members and veterans that have separated over the last several decades and, due to the services provided by VetJobs, are now productive members of the civilian work force in all disciplines as well as their family members.
- Hire Veterans – Recognized by industry experts as a leader, we offer Employers access to resumes and job postings so that they can reach our unique visitors. For U.S. Veteran Job Seekers, we offer the very best and relevant jobs offered by world class companies in the USA and abroad. Through our alliances with many veterans organizations, networks, and other military agencies, HireVeterans.com has established its brand as a top e-recruiting site for the veterans of our armed forces.
- Military & Veteran Jobs – Military.com launched in 1999 to revolutionize the way the 30 million Americans with military affinity stay connected and informed. Today, it is the largest military and veteran membership organization — 10 million members strong.
- We Hire Heroes – Today’s veterans bring unique abilities and experience to the civilian workforce, including hard-to-teach skills like loyalty, dedication, self motivation, sustained performance under pressure, respect for procedures and the ability to work as a team. WeHireHeroes.com believe in standing with those who have stood strong for us.
- Silent Professionals:Job Search-Private Security Guards and more: Job Search
- Free Resume Builder-Military-to-Civilian Resume
Veterans with PTSD
- African PTSD Relief Now – African PTSD Relief is a project of PTSD Relief Now. African PTSD Relief collaborates with the David Lynch Foundation (DLF). DLF directs all donations restricted to African PTSD Relief to PTSD Relief Now projects in and for Africa.
- Soldiers Best Friend – Provides U.S. military veterans living with combat-related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) with Service or Therapeutic Companion Dogs, most of which are rescued from local shelters. The veteran and dog train together to build a trusting relationship that saves two lives at once and inspires countless others.
- PTSD United – A non-profit organization dedicated to providing support and resources for sufferers of PTSD, their families and caregivers, and anyone interested in learning more about Post Traumatic Stress. Among their growing areas of focus, their flagship program is huddl.org: the Anonymous Support Network for Trauma. huddl.org is a free, completely anonymous online community available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week where people can go to connect with others living with PTSD.
General Information on PTSD and Relationships
Alcohol and Drugs
- Mesothelioma & Veterans provides a complete list of occupations, ships, and shipyards that could have put our Veterans at risk for developing asbestos-related diseases.
- Mesothelioma Navy Information – from the Mesothelioma and Asbestos Awareness Center
- Mesothelioma Symptoms an excellent resource to learn about the dangers of this disease.
- Mesothelioma and Veterans Learn more about mesothelioma treatment and VA benefits for veterans in our free Mesothelioma Guide.
- MesotheliomaSurvivors.org The mission of Mesotheliomasurvivor.org is not just to help the patients, but also to be a constant and reliable source for the caregiver, family and friends.
- Mesotheliomahelp.org/ Mesothelioma Help
- Mesothelioma Specialists
- Mesothelioma Lawyer CenterFor over 20 years we’ve been helping families like yours connect with leading mesothelioma lawyers in their area.
- Mesothelioma From the Navy.The New York lawyers of Belluck & Fox are nationally recognized for helping mesothelioma victims.
- Mesothelioma Group.We’re a small team of caring healthcare professionals, patient advocates, and communication specialists.
- Mesothelioma Veterans Center.Mesothelioma Veterans Center offers free support to veterans diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma Fund We help patients and families obtain compensation from asbestos trust funds.
- Mesothelioma Survival. Mesotheliomasurvival.org is dedicated to helping mesothelioma victims and their families.
- Mesothelioma Guide. Veterans who develop mesothelioma as a result of their service in the military are entitled to benefits and assistance from the U.S. government.
- Treat Mesothelioma . Veterans who develop mesothelioma as a result of their service in the military are entitled to benefits and assistance from the U.S. government.
- Mesothelioma Symptoms. Veterans Benefits for Mesothelioma
General Veteran Resources