General Veteran Resources
Homes for Veterans
- Homes for Our Troops – Building mortgage-free, specially adapted homes nationwide for severely injured Veterans, Post-9/11 victims, which enables them to rebuild their lives.
- Helping a Hero: Home Program – HelpingaHero.org is the 2nd largest national organization building homes for our severely wounded heroes injured in theater during the War on Terror. They have awarded 100 homes in 22 states and are committed to helping our brave and courageous wounded warriors on their road to recovery.
- Building Homes for Heroes – Building Homes for Heroes is strongly committed to rebuilding lives and supporting the brave men and women who were injured while serving our country. The organization builds or modifies homes, and gifts them, mortgage-free, to veterans and their families.
- Wounded Warrior Homes – Is a grassroots charitable non-profit chartered to provide transitional housing to single post-9/11 combat veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS). They deeply care about our nation and appreciate the sacrifices of those who have served in armed conflict to protect our country, our nation’s interests, our people and those in other nations.
- Home Resources for Veterans. Help available to veterans purchasing a home
- Rent to own. Military Steps Towards Owning a Home
- Redfin. The Veterans’ Complete Guide to Relocation
Jobs for Veterans
- USA Jobs for Veterans – The Federal Government has a long and outstanding record of employing veterans. Veterans have technical skills in areas of critical importance, and many also already have security clearances required for some Federal positions. Federal service provides a means for veterans to continue their noble service to this country.
- Vet Jobs – VetJobs services makes it easy to reach transitioning military, National Guard, Reserve Component Members and veterans that have separated over the last several decades and, due to the services provided by VetJobs, are now productive members of the civilian work force in all disciplines as well as their family members.
- Hire Veterans – Recognized by industry experts as a leader, we offer Employers access to resumes and job postings so that they can reach our unique visitors. For U.S. Veteran Job Seekers, we offer the very best and relevant jobs offered by world class companies in the USA and abroad. Through our alliances with many veterans organizations, networks, and other military agencies, HireVeterans.com has established its brand as a top e-recruiting site for the veterans of our armed forces.
- Military & Veteran Jobs – Military.com launched in 1999 to revolutionize the way the 30 million Americans with military affinity stay connected and informed. Today, it is the largest military and veteran membership organization — 10 million members strong.
- We Hire Heroes – Today’s veterans bring unique abilities and experience to the civilian workforce, including hard-to-teach skills like loyalty, dedication, self motivation, sustained performance under pressure, respect for procedures and the ability to work as a team. WeHireHeroes.com believe in standing with those who have stood strong for us.
- Resume Baking – With ResumeBaking.com, writing powerful, attention-getting resumes is easy
- ZipRecruiter – ZipRecruiter is the only site you’ll ever need to find your next job.
- Best Jobs for Returning Service Members
- silentprofessionals.org Find work using the skills you gained in military service
- Five Star Painting Best Businesses for Veterans
- VETFRAN PROGRAM The Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative (VetFran Program)
Veterans with PTSD
- African PTSD Relief Now – African PTSD Relief is a project of PTSD Relief Now. African PTSD Relief collaborates with the David Lynch Foundation (DLF). DLF directs all donations restricted to African PTSD Relief to PTSD Relief Now projects in and for Africa.
- Soldiers Best Friend – Provides U.S. military veterans living with combat-related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) with Service or Therapeutic Companion Dogs, most of which are rescued from local shelters. The veteran and dog train together to build a trusting relationship that saves two lives at once and inspires countless others.
- PTSD United – A non-profit organization dedicated to providing support and resources for sufferers of PTSD, their families and caregivers, and anyone interested in learning more about Post Traumatic Stress. Among their growing areas of focus, their flagship program is huddl.org: the Anonymous Support Network for Trauma. huddl.org is a free, completely anonymous online community available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week where people can go to connect with others living with PTSD.
- PTSD and Sleep – Sleep disturbances and nightmares are common symptoms of PTSD, and these symptoms may even exacerbate other PTSD symptoms and make treatment more difficult.
- Understanding a Veteran with PTSD – Servicemen and women oftentimes face unique challenges when leaving active duty and readjusting to civilian life.
General Information on PTSD and Relationships
- Effects of PTSD on Family | Efectos del TEPT Sobre la Familia
Describes family problems and common reactions family members have when a loved one has PTSD.
- Relationships and PTSD
Describes how trauma reactions can sometimes get in the way of closeness and connecting with others.
- Help for Family and Friends | Asistencia para Familiares y Amigos
Learn about resources to help you take care of yourself while supporting someone with PTSD.
- Helping a Family Member Who Has PTSD | Cómo Ayudar a un Familiar que Tiene TEPT
Ways you can help a loved one with PTSD and ways you can help yourself.
- VA Disability Calculator
Alcohol and Drugs
- Drug Dangers Drug Dangers is committed to providing information on a range of medications and medical devices that have serious complications.
- Addiction Center Our goal at Addiction Center is to connect those with addictions to the help they need to put their lives back together
- The Consumer Justice Foundation is thoroughly committed to educating the public about the dangers of prescriptions and defective products.
- American Addiction Centers .Drug Rehab Guides for Addiction & Mental Health.
- Iowa Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab Facilities. Rehabs.com was founded in 2011 with two goals in mind: to provide information for those suffering with substance abuse and behavioral addictions – either personally or through loved ones – and to connect those people with the treatment programs that can help them.
- RX Dangers. The purpose of RX Dangers is to educate the American public on current pharmaceutical drugs and devices commonly being used within the United States.
- Drug Treatment Center Finder. Getting professional help to manage PTSD and SUD is important to the veterans’ recovery and necessary to return to healthy living.
- Detox to Rehab. From Detox to Rehab to Recovery
- Veterans and Substance Abuse.Informative facts and guidance regarding addiction treatment and mental health issues.
- Veterans and Substance Abuse. Veterans and Substance Abuse: The Many Sides of the Problem
- Veterans and Substance Abuse. Recovery Village
- Alcohol Withdrawal ARG is dedicated to helping people overcome alcoholism and achieve long-term sobriety.
- Alcohol Detox and Sleep dealing with insomnia during and after detox.
- Detox Centers & Drug Rehabs Detox Centers & Drug Rehabs.
- Rehab for Veterans .
- Veteran Drug Treatment Alcoholism in veterans is a very serious problem.
- Veteran Drug & Alcohol Rehab Center Willow Springs Recovery.
- Veterans and Addiction DrugRehab.com.
- Mesothelioma Center provides a complete list of occupations, ships, and shipyards that could have put our Veterans at risk for developing asbestos-related diseases.
- Mesothelioma Navy Information – from the Mesothelioma and Asbestos Awareness Center
- Mesothelioma Symptoms an excellent resource to learn about the dangers of this disease.
- Mesothelioma and Veterans Learn more about mesothelioma treatment and VA benefits for veterans in our free Mesothelioma Guide.
- MesotheliomaSurvivors.org The mission of Mesotheliomasurvivor.org is not just to help the patients, but also to be a constant and reliable source for the caregiver, family and friends.
- Mesotheliomahelp.org/ Mesothelioma Help
- Mesothelioma Specialists
- Mesothelioma Lawyer CenterFor over 20 years we’ve been helping families like yours connect with leading mesothelioma lawyers in their area.
- Mesothelioma From the Navy.The New York lawyers of Belluck & Fox are nationally recognized for helping mesothelioma victims.
- Mesothelioma Group.We’re a small team of caring healthcare professionals, patient advocates, and communication specialists.
- Mesothelioma Veterans Center.Mesothelioma Veterans Center offers free support to veterans diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma Fund We help patients and families obtain compensation from asbestos trust funds.
- Mesothelioma Survival. Mesotheliomasurvival.org is dedicated to helping mesothelioma victims and their families.
- Mesothelioma Guide. Veterans who develop mesothelioma as a result of their service in the military are entitled to benefits and assistance from the U.S. government.
- Treat Mesothelioma . Veterans who develop mesothelioma as a result of their service in the military are entitled to benefits and assistance from the U.S. government.
- Mesothelioma and Veterans . Veterans of the United States military are entitled to the thanks of the nation, and are often recognized for their service and courage.
- Mesothelioma Justice Network. Free Mesothelioma Justice Guide.
- Mesothelioma Resources
- Veterans and Mesothelioma How Were Veterans Exposed to Asbestos?
- Sokolove Law Mesothelioma Lawyers
- Mesothelioma & Veterans Mesothelioma Help Now
General Veteran Resources
- Veterans National Assistance Fund – Our goal is to assist America’s Veterans from all wars and conflicts through the myriad of problems that plague those who have served our nation. Although we celebrate homecoming, readjustment back into civilian life can be a struggle.
- National Veterans Foundation – We help veterans and their families who are enduring a crisis or who have a critical need for help. Veterans of any era can call LIFELINE FOR VETS for assistance.
- Help The Vets – Non-profit organization improving the lives of severely injured U.S. Veterans who have given limbs in service to our country and are the victims of land mines and serious attacks in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Vets Helping Heroes – Their mission is to provide the financial support for assistance dogs trained by professionals for veterans who have served honorably and active duty military personnel injured during service in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Nursing Home Abuse a resource to inform those about this devastating epidemic which is nursing home abuse.
- Medical Malpractice Center.Medical malpractice information
- Maritime Help, information for injured workers.Injuries or accidents that occur on ships other seagoing vessels are governed by “Maritime Law”.
- Wristband Supplies At WristbandSupplies.com, our mission is to help small, non-profit Veteran organizations spread their cause with free custom wristbands.
- Veteran Business Ideas If you have an idea for a business of your very own, use the resources linked throughout this article to get you started on a successful career of your own.
- Maritime Injury Center We strive to provide expert information on all topics related to maritime accidents and injuries.
- Moving Options Moving Options has gathered these resources so that we can help make your next move a whole lot easier
- Veterans Health Veteran’s Health Information.
- Veterans and Cerebral Palsy Cerebral Palsy Guidance.
- Recall Report Recall Report was created to alert the public to the latest information on dangerous drugs and products..
- Military Discounts The Dealhack Military Discount Guide is the result of our quarterly survey of brands that offer active military and veteran discounts.
- Military Discounts Ultimate 2019 Military Discount Guide
- Military Veteran Benefit Options National Council for Aging Care’s guide on Military Veteran Benefit Options
- Sleep and Cancers
- Car Insurance
- US Department of Veteran Affairs Crisis Hotline Connect with the Veterans Crisis Line to reach caring, qualified responders with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Many of them are Veterans themselves.
- Planning for Life after Discharge
- Transition to Civilian Life
- Surviving Spouses Resources
- The Military Guide Welcome to “The Military Guide” blog!
- Nursing Home Abuse Center (NHAC) Protecting Seniors from Abuse and Neglect
- NursingHomeAbuse.org Nursing Home Abuse
- Debt Reduction Services Inc. Free Credit & Debt Counseling for Active Duty Service Members
- Verizon Military Discounts Verizon Fios military discounts
- A Real Online Degree College Resources For Military Veterans: 2017 Resource Guide – A resource for students who have served their country and are veterans of the armed forces.
- Fundera – A Veteran’s Guide to Starting and Financing a Small Business
- Grantham University. –Online College for Military Veterans